UFC 290 Volkanovski vs Rodriguez: UFC News: In the main event of UFC 290 on Saturday in Las Vegas, featherweight champion Alexander…
UFC 290 Volkanovski vs Rodriguez: UFC News: In the main event of UFC 290 on Saturday in Las Vegas, featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski will defend his title against Yair Rodriguez. Follow UFC News Updates with InsideSports.IN.
Preliminaries on ABC, ESPN, and ESPN+ commence at 8 p.m., followed by early prelims on ESPN+ at 7 p.m. before the main card from T-Mobile Arena airs on ESPN+ pay-per-view at 10 p.m. ET.
Also Read: Who is ‘Female’ Andrew Tate? Everything About “Anti-Feminist” YouTuber Hannah Pearl Davis
5 Fights You Shouldn’t Miss In The UFC 290 Volkanovski vs Rodriguez Card
For the 11th consecutive year, UFC will welcome International Fight Week celebrations in Las Vegas, which are highlighted by a pay-per-view fight card inside T-Mobile Arena.
For Saturday’s UFC 290 event, two title fights are featured on the main marquee. The featherweight title unification pits reigning champion Alexander Volkanovski against rising interim champion Yair Rodriguez. In the co-feature, Brandon Moreno faces off against the dangerous Alexandre Pantoja to defend his 125-pound championship.
UFC 290 Volkanovski vs Rodriguez: 5 Fights You Shouldn’t Miss In The Card
Top Fights In UFC 290 You Can’t-Miss
- Alexander Volkanovski (25-2) vs. Yair Rodríguez (15-3): One of the most versatile fighters in MMA today, Volkanovski is equally proficient on the ground and on his feet and is a solid defensive fighter everywhere. But he will need to be flawless throughout the entire battle and avoid being complacent for even a split second against Rodriguez, who has demonstrated his ability to terminate fights in a blink from any position.
Volkanovski is a sizable -410 favourite over Rodrguez (+330) according to DraftKings, but the undisputed champion is obviously not taking his upcoming opponent lightly.
- Brandon Moreno (21-6-2) vs. Alexandre Pantoja (25-5): The Mexican champion will defend his title against Brazilian Alexandre Pantoja in the co-main event of UFC 290. The two have already faced off once, or twice if you consider their 2016 demonstration on The Ultimate Fighter 24.
Both of their prior meetings ended in victories for Pantoja, who first submitted Moreno on The Ultimate Fighter before defeating him by decision in the Octagon in 2018.
But it’s true to say that Pantoja has never faced Moreno at his best—the Moreno who won the world title. Actually, following his defeat by the Brazilian in 2018, Moreno was let go by the UFC.
- Robert Whittaker (24-6) vs. Dricus Du Plessis (19-2): Robert Whittaker had a strong victory over Marvin Vettori to get back on track, and if he defeats Du Plessis in Las Vegas, he might be given another chance.
Likewise with Du Plessis. The former EFC and KWS fighter has a perfect 5-0 record since entering the UFC, most notably disposing of tough opponents Brad Tavares, Till, and Derek Brunson. If he triumphs once again, especially against a competitor of Whittaker’s calibre, he will very probably challenge for the title next.
Whittaker is listed as a -390 favourite to defeat Du Plessis (+320) by DraftKings. Whittaker has told fans that he is not taking the fight recently, despite being a strong favourite.
- Jack Della Maddalena vs. Sean Brady: After defeating Brown, Jack Della Maddalena rose to No. 14 in the welterweight rankings and was given the opportunity to face Sean Brady, who was rated No. 8.
Brady is being m talked about in the same way that Della Maddalena is currently. The grappling expert won 15 straight fights to start his professional MMA career, including victories over Jake Matthews and Michael Chiesa inside the Octagon. When he lost to Muhammad, his reputation suffered greatly, but that defeat did not alter the reality that he is one of the most exciting new competitors at 170 pounds.
- 155 lbs.: Dan Hooker vs. Jalin Turner: In the competitive lightweight division of the UFC, Jalin Turner (13-6) and Dan Hooker (22-12), ranked No. 10 and No. 11, respectively, are two of the most thrilling finishes available.
Both have demonstrated their ability to end a fight anywhere with a combined total of 20 knockouts and 11 submission victories. There is no doubt that their battle on the UFC 290 main card will be entertaining while it lasts, even though it is unclear whether either man can develop their consistency to earn a shot at the title.
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / For UFC News updates with InsideSport.IN